Thank you for agreeing to take part in a video interview with us – we really appreciate that are will to help inspire future generations.
The idea of the interview is to allow school children (or even anybody if they want to) understand what part education played in your career, why you feel education is important, how education will change over the next 5, 10, 15 etc years ahead and what role STEM is going to play in the workforce/workplace of tomorrow.
So, the format of the interview will follow these points:-
- Introduction to this video series
- We introduce you
- You then explain who you are, what you have done and what you are doing now
- Q&A around your education, what career advice you were give at school and did you think that advice was right or helped looking back now at it?
- From when you were at school, college and/or university, do you think education has changed/improved to make today’s workforce qualified for today’s workplace
- Over the next 5, 10 or 15 years, how do you see the Education system changing and will it be more relevant to the workplace of tomorrow?
- How important in your opinion do you think STEM subjects are as part of the education system for schoolchildren now choosing their subjects and courses to study
- How important will STEM/STEM subjects be as part of the workforce of tomorrow
- Do you think that a schoolchild should leave at 16 for Apprenticeship, go to college and then work, or continue school/college before going to university then work?
- In 5, 10, 15 or more years ahead, is there any career that will not be impacted on by technology or need a STEM subject as part of it?
- If you forward think, can you think of a career that is future-proof/technology-proof that computers/machines/robots will never replace?
- If you could go back to being 12, would you change the education path you took and why?
- What one of piece of advice would you give to anyone watching this video?
I trust these points are acceptable to you and hope that these can form the foundation of a great video interview between us.
Once again, many thanks for agreeing to take part in this interview and can I ask you to complete the form below with your availability over the next 2-4 weeks for us to arrange convenient slot to do the interview via Zoom:-